Treating a Child Who Has Plagiocephaly and Asymmetric Head Turning
Barbara Hypes, PT
Click Here to Purchase DVD
Length of DVD: 52 minutes
This DVD will show one therapy session of a child who has plagiocephaly and asymmetric head turning. He was referred to therapy for evaluation after his 8-week well baby check when his head shape and strong preferred head turning had not resolved. He was fitted with a Dynamic Orthotic Cranioplasty Band (DOC Band) and began physical therapy 2 times weekly at 11 weeks. At the time of this session, he is 6 months old. Mother is very informed and understands home carryover activities as well as their importance. When observing this session the viewer will be exposed to a variety of therapy techniques as well as the following:
- Parent therapist interaction for education about the child’s condition as well as home carryover suggestions.
- Different therapy approaches to stretching the neck musculature.
- Discussions on subtle other problems present as secondary conditions with these two problems.
The observer will:
- Understand why the entire body must be treated when an infant presents with neck asymmetry.
- Understand the difference between the objectives in using a helmet vs. the goals in using a D.O.C. band in treating plagiocephaly.
- Learn why this child is considered to have neck asymmetry rather than a true torticollis.
- Learn how to stretch when it is not occurring passively by applying direct pressure to the tight structure.
1 contact hour. Certificates will be awarded.
Recognized by the NY State Education Department's State Board for Physical Therapy as an approved provider of physical therapy and physical therapy assistant continuing education. Approved for .1 CEU.
||TSI is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures. Approved by AOTA for .1 CEU.
- $80.00; includes DVD, post-test, and certificate of completion
- $65.00 when ordering 4 or more DVDs (does not include 2-volume DVD sets)
- Each additional viewer wanting CEUs: $25.00; includes post-test and certificate of completion.
Free Shipping within the U.S.A.!
PLEASE NOTE: Certificates of completion will only be issued upon completion and return of post-test to TSI.
Contact us through any of these methods and we will be happy to answer questions you may have about any aspect of our courses.
Therapeutic Services, Inc.
2409 Avenue K
Brooklyn, NY 11210
Toll Free: 1-888-7-THERAPY
Fax: (718) 338-3393
Back to Top