Treating the Birth to Three Client Who Presents with Hypotonia
Barbara Hypes, PT
Click Here to Purchase DVD
Length of DVD: 90 minutes
Child #1 has a diagnosis of Down Syndrome. Although children who have this diagnosis often have low tone, they frequently are quite successful at moving. What they struggle with is sustaining antigravity activation and alignment.
Child #2 has a diagnosis of cerebral palsy-fluctuating tone. These children often times are very low tone throughout their first year of life. As they begin to move, they use large amplitude “bursts” of motor activation to overcome the pull of gravity.
Child #3 has a diagnosis of idiopathic congenital hypotonia of unknown etiology. She
presents with severe hypotonia. As a result, she has difficulty activating any movement against gravity, holding postures and staying upright.
Child #4 has a diagnosis of mild hypotonia. He is mobile in a variety of positions but is
having difficulty balancing and mastering more upright standing and walking. Although he can activate and sustain a variety of motor patterns, he needs assist to learn alignment and balance control.
The observer will:
- Learn why strategies for therapy must be modified to meet the child’s needs even when they present with a similar generic diagnosis.
- Understand why treating the sensory system in a primary strategy when working with the child who has hypotonia.
- Learn how to educate the family about what is being treated throughout the therapy session.
- Learn some recommendations for using equipment for home carryover to achieve therapy goals.
1.5 contact hours. Certificates will be awarded.
Recognized by the NY State Education Department's State Board for Physical Therapy as an approved provider of physical therapy and physical therapy assistant continuing education. Approved for .15 CEUs.
||TSI is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. AOTA does not endorse specific course content, products, or clinical procedures. Approved by AOTA for .15 CEUs.
- $80.00; includes DVD, post-test, and certificate of completion
- $65.00 when ordering 4 or more DVDs (does not include 2-volume DVD sets)
- Each additional viewer wanting CEUs: $25.00; includes post-test and certificate of completion.
Free Shipping within the U.S.A.!
PLEASE NOTE: Certificates of completion will only be issued upon completion and return of post-test to TSI.
Contact us through any of these methods and we will be happy to answer questions you may have about any aspect of our courses.
Therapeutic Services, Inc.
2409 Avenue K
Brooklyn, NY 11210
Toll Free: 1-888-7-THERAPY
Fax: (718) 338-3393
Back to Top